Tuesday, September 06, 2005

THE MOSQUITO BITE

Mosquitoes here in Bangkok have given me fits, not literarily of course. They are tiny, the smallest I have ever seen. They are nearly silent. Only when they are almost inside my ear have I heard their buzz. And they only seem to pick on me. Thais in the house, in the same room, are not bitten, just me.

Some small precautions have worked somewhat. When I have skin exposed, a fan will make it difficult for them to reach me. When the air conditioner is on, lowering the temp to around 75, it seems to slow them down.

But I have now found the ultimate protection. My diet. I have gradually come accustomed to Thai food, which means very hot food. The more hot Thai food I eat, the more the mosquitoes leave me alone.

That explains a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home