Monday, January 31, 2005

THERE'S NO WAY TO UNDERSTAND ASIANS

The biggest problem in understanding Asians is we have a different sense of humor.

Take my wife!!! We were standing on a platform of the Bangkok subway when I mooned the security camera. Now that there's funny! Everyone knows that there's funny. But did she think it was funny? No! She started acting like she wasn't with me. What could be wrong with someone like that?

I don't see how we could have anything in common with someone who doesn't think that there's funny.


I sent the above as an email to a few friends. This is a comment one sent me:

"Mooning in the subway is a high school or freshman college fraternity prank, not fitting for a senior citizen. Your wife was understandably embarrassed because your wrinkled hairy butt is for her eyes only these days, but now a photo of it is sure to be placed with the subway security's watch list."


I guess I have to explain the original story. It is fiction. Fiction means it never happened. I thought it might be funny to take the persona of an ignorant white guy who behaves like his wife is odd when every reader would know that she is the normal one and it’s the writer who’s weird. I guess the humor didn’t work. For sure if I have to explain it, it didn’t work.

6 Comments:

Blogger Pâmela said...

hi sorry, I should be more polite, F U I, means "I'm gone" or something like that
I'm from Brazil and I was doing an English course and I thought that writing here was a very good ideia for praticing, you know... but I did't like and I'm in a new flog: http://fotolog.terra.com.br/elefantesvoadores/
but I'll' come back here just to see if you answered me causa I liked you... I hope you like me too, ok???
I'd like to talk to you sometime...

kisses

February 1, 2005 at 9:22 PM  
Blogger Walter Guest said...

Of course I like you. Any writer likes someone who enjoys their work. Even better are constructive comments. I would have commented on your blog but I couldn't understand a word.

February 2, 2005 at 3:24 AM  
Blogger kalisekj said...

Hey, I have enjoyed...your blog is informative - even entertaining.

I have a halloween sites. They pretty much covers costumes and masks related stuff.

Thanks again and I'll be sure to bookmark you.

October 4, 2005 at 5:43 PM  
Blogger Roy Naka said...

I've stumbled across your blog when I done some dog lover gift research in Google. You're doing a pretty nice job
here, keep up the good work! check out dog lover gift

October 11, 2005 at 4:32 AM  
Blogger Couch Potato said...

Help me Dude, I'm lost.

I was searching for Elvis and somehow ended up in your blog, but you know I'm sure I saw Elvis in the supermarket yesterday.

No honest really, he was right there in front of me, next to the steaks singing "Love me Tender".

He said to me (his lip was only slightly curled) "Boy, you need to get yourself a shiny, new plasmatv to go with that blue suede sofa of yours.

But Elvis said I, In the Ghetto nobody has a plasma tv .

Dude I'm All Shook Up said Elvis. I think I'll have me another cheeseburger then I'm gonna go home and ask Michael Jackson to come round and watch that waaaay cool surfing scene in Apocalypse Now on my new plasma tv .

And then he just walked out of the supermarket singing. . .

"You give me love and consolation,
You give me strength to carry on "

Strange day or what? :-)

October 14, 2005 at 10:56 PM  
Blogger unixlinux said...

Nice blog. Check out my cat suit blog.

October 18, 2005 at 2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home