Thursday, January 27, 2005

THE KERRY CASE

I was very discouraged by the recent election. How a man who was arguably a traitor could come within 3% of the vote to be president --- I don't know. I'll have to think some more on that. That was one reason I opened this blog.

Here are a couple of emails I sent out before I started this blog:


Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2004 7:03 PM

Subject: There's Something About Kerry

No one should question that Sen. Kerry served honorably and bravely during his four months in Viet Nam. That is a given. But many served honorably and bravely.

What is remarkable about Lt. Kerry's four months in Viet Nam is how much he learned in that time. He testified, under oath, about all the atrocities we were committing over there and how it was turning us into animals. That was a revelation to me.

I spent seven years as a civilian contract employee throughout Viet Nam. Among other things, I went on thirty combat patrols in the same "Market Time" swift boats on which Lt. Kerry served. I must confess to being stupid and unobservant because I had no idea that we were committing the atrocities to which Lt. Kerry testified under oath.

There can be absolutely no doubt that he was telling the truth. After all, he was an officer and a gentleman, a war hero, testifying under oath before the United States Congress. Just the hint, by anyone, that he may have been lying is unthinkable and absurd. That would have made him a traitor and a scoundrel, a man who betrayed his comrades and his country.

So forget about that. He was telling the truth and I am stupid and unobservant. He's got my vote.

Walter Guest

Bangkok


Sent: Friday, October 22, 2004 9:30 PM

Subject: A Clarification of "Combat" Patrols

I wrote before that I had been on thirty combat patrols on "market Time" swift boats which is absolutely true. But that was intentionally misleading. In all those patrols I never heard a shot fired in anger. I went on "milk run" patrols from Cam Ranh Bay, across the South China Sea, to Nha Trang and back.

The boats intercepted anything afloat but never had a problem in my presence. The sailors, at the intercept, were always exceedingly cautious but courteous. They always left a gift of C-rations or cigarettes on departing.

I became friends with many of the sailors. Some had transferred here from the Mekong Delta for a sort of R and R. One personable lieutenant, I discovered, had a large price on his head, courtesy of Hanoi, for his exploits elsewhere. He had the option to leave, yet he stayed.

These were some of the men that John Kerry vilified in his testimony before a congressional committee based on his four months service in Viet Nam.

I am no fan of George Bush. I suspect anyone "born again" or reformed. They've had their fun and now then don't want you to have yours. It's a thin line between believing that you talk to God and to believing that God talks to you.

On the other hand, John Kerry is a genuine American traitor. He has given aid and comfort to the enemy in time of war. He has a plaque in the Hanoi Hall of Fame alongside those of Jane Fonda and Tom Hayden.

Tough choice.

Walter Guest

Bangkok

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home