Tuesday, July 17, 2007

THIS IS FOR MY ONE READER



I have to share this with my one reader (assuming he/she is in Thailand) as a reward for being here. I have discovered one of the best pasta sauces ever. And, on top of that, it couldn’t be simpler to make.

I am an experimental cook. I like to inventory the cupboard and try to imagine what would work. The experiments seldom fail. Actually they never fail although some might not turn out to be memorable. I may have created dozens of dishes that worked out great but then I forget about and never repeat. I’m going to start putting them in here so there’s some record.

There are only three ingredients for this pasta dish:

A 6 Oz +/- can of red pork or chicken curry. (Thai brand)

A can of Thai spaghetti sauce.

And the pasta of your choice.

You simply combine the curry with the spaghetti sauce and there’s your miracle. Use all the curry and the all little can of spaghetti sauce, or half the large can, per person. The serving size of the pasta is up to you.

This should be served in a bowl because the sauce is a little watery. You could thicken it I suppose but, what the hell? Provide a spoon so as not to waste the sauce.

There you go. There’s your reward.

Don’t say I never gave you anything.

I’m sure you know this:

Always cook the entire package of pasta. It refrigerates very well.

It’s OK to use tap water. The boiling removes all that bad stuff.

Bring water to a rolling boil before tossing in the pasta.

Stir the pasta extensively right away. I use a plastic spatula. Stir again about half way through. You don’t want that crap to meld together.

Never overcook pasta. Every package has a cooking time but give it a taste test. There is less than a one minute window between just right and overcooked. When it’s nearly done turn off the burner. The pasta will cook slower and give you a better chance to get it just right.

1 Comments:

Blogger De Hill said...

Thanks for the pasta recipe!

August 5, 2007 at 8:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home