Tuesday, December 14, 2004

HOW I BECAME A KIDDER

It's on account of my parents. They were always kidding around. Like this name thing. My older sister, they named her The Savior. My younger brother, they named him The Messiah. Me, they called me Hey You. Or when they talked to each other they called me The Dumb One. They were always kidding around.

I guess it would sound kinda funny. "Hey You, hold The Messiah's hand when he crosses the street." Or, "Hey You, quit teasing The Savior." Or, "Hey You, that's The Messiah's toy. Give it back to him." They were always kidding around.

Then when I started school I found out my real name was Walter. I thought they were kidding around. Who would give their kid a dumb name like Walter? But they weren't kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home