Thursday, July 21, 2005

FAMILY STUFF AND RANDOM THOUGHTS

We’ve been having a busy time. Dow (the Jungle Princess) has quite an extended family. I enjoy having them around. I like large family gatherings. Especially when I don’t have to do any work.

We have taken in one of her teenage nephews so he can continue his education which we are sponsoring.

The last family gathering included 8 kids most of who wound up in the spa. The purpose of the meeting was to introduce us to a 7-year-old orphan girl. Wow. It took me about ten seconds to decide to enlarge our family. No bigee. I think almost anyone would have done the same. What a difference for me. After three sons and a nephew---a little girl. I might need some advice here. Can you fart around them?

Now, because of the enlargement of the household, Dow has finally agreed to hire a maid. A Burmese maid gets $75 (US) a month plus room and board. Don’t blame me, they are glad to get the position. Dow is busy directing the repairs of the maid quarters in preparation. She is
very good at directing builders. I tell her she could be a contractor.
___

Here is something from today’s Bangkok Post:

Only 1% of Thai women consider themselves to be beautiful, and six out of 10 would consider some form of plastic surgery if it were free, according to a study commissioned by Dove.

How about that, fellow girl watchers? In my opinion, Thai women are the most beautiful in the world. Many have that Angelina Jolie full, pouty lip look. When combined with the sultry, Asian eyes, we call them bedroom eyes, it’s a great blend. On top of that, or rather, below that, is usually an excellent figure. And a high percentage of older women retain their figures.

Every time I go out I wish I had the nerve to take pictures of perfect strangers. I see beautiful women, front and rear, everywhere. Exquisite beauty, interesting character, and knockout bodies, who could ask for anything more?

And they’re not satisfied? Well maybe that’s a good thing. Wouldn’t want them to get conceited.

Dow (the Jungle Princess) feels inferior because she has brownish skin. I tell her that’s why I chose her. You can read the story here. I tell her she’s not near as dark as California girls try to get with their tans. It doesn’t help. She must have run into some prejudice here and it stuck.
___

Gerry Thomas died at age 83. He was a truly great American.

What did Gerry Thomas do? He only invented the TV dinner, that’s all. Move over Thomas A. Edison.

My contribution to the evolution of the TV dinner is always ignored. If you look on the cover of every dinner now, you will see something like this: “Remove dinner from outer box.” That wasn’t on there in the beginning. I started a fire in my oven!
___

I am not a reporter because I don’t enjoy being a reporter. This blog is only about what interests me and I’m not interested in being a reporter. I was asked about the Buddhist protesting the listing of a beer maker on the Thai stock exchange. I was going to give it a pass until I noticed an interesting contrast in viewpoints.

Here is an excerpt from the AP by way of Yahoo news:

Thousands of people demonstrated Wednesday outside the Stock Exchange of Thailand to protest plans by the country's largest beer company to list its shares on the market, saying the need to make a profit would encourage drinking.

The demonstrators were largely members of Buddhist organizations, inspired by the religion's principle of abstinence from alcohol. Many carried Thai flags and banners with slogans such as "If you love Thailand, oppose the listing of alcoholic beverages on the SET." Police estimated the number of protesters at 3,000, but reporters said it was closer to 10,000.
Full story here.

Then there is the Catholic attitude toward beer:

Germany outstripped Italy in the race to produce papal merchandise. By April 21, Pope Benedict’s home town, Marktl am Inn, had come up with papal beer, Vatican bread, candles featuring photographs taken the night of his election and a cake called “slice of Ratzinger.” Bakeries offered free papal pastries shaped like miters
Full story here.

They also sold vodka but did not call it Papal Vodka.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home