Thursday, April 28, 2005

JARVIS COMMENT

Jeff Jarvis got me interested when he posted about The Dukes of Hazzard. He doesn’t block comments so the following actually got in:

I don’t think I watched a single episode of Dukes.

But, years ago when I was in a play, I got into a serious dispute with the director when I opined that writers should study The Beverly Hillbillies to learn how to write a sitcom.

That show had a lot going for it.

Instantly recognizable characters. We knew them all from Li’l Abner.

A ‘fish out of water’ theme. Always good.

A poor, simple man comes into vast wealth. An audience favorite.

A great bonus was Max Bear’s portrayal of Jethroe Bodine. One of the best comic acting jobs of all time.

The director never forgave me for disagreeing with him. As revenge, he took away one of my lines and gave it to a lesser character! What an evil, evil man.

I swear I had nothing to do with any accidents that may have befallen him in later life. I was elsewhere.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home