Monday, January 08, 2007

RASSLIN’, NO HOLD BARRED

LIFE IMITATES “ART”

I remember seeing a claymation show titled Celebrity Deathmatch. (In looking it up on Wikipedia I found it is still active.) It is a parody television show spoofing professional wrestling that pits celebrities against each other in the ring, almost always ending in a gruesome death of the celebrity who lost the match. Wouldn’t it be great to have a real life match between Rosie O’Donnell and Donald Trump? There, my friends, would be the match of the century. No matter what happened in the rest of this 21st century, nothing could top that.

The way they insult each other over live mikes is exactly the way pro rasslers carry on before their matches. The only thing missing is the hoarse, manly voices, although Rosie is closer than “The Donald.”

To call Rosie “trailer trash” insults me. I am what most people would call trailer trash, having lived in a mobile home park for 8 years and being trashy. But while I may have met a few like Rosie, most of the residents were more like English aristocrats in comparison.

The Donald surprised me. Why would he respond? I guess he yearns for any publicity, no matter how base.

Wouldn’t it be great if they had a match and Rosie tore him to pieces and ate him?

My money’s on her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home