Monday, October 30, 2006

REESE WITHERSPOON ON THE “FREEWAY”

Reese Witherspoon is on her way from Legally Blonde to legally single.

The Oscar winner has formally separated from Ryan Phillippe after seven years of marriage, their publicists confirmed to E! News.
In case you haven’t heard (and care) you can get the full story *HERE*. Personally I couldn’t care less. So why do I mention it? Because it reminded me of one of my favorite films.

The name of the film is Freeway from 1996. It contains one of the truly great female performances by Reese Witherspoon in the history of movies. This movie made me a Reese Witherspoon fan for life. Not because I think she’s sexy because I don’t. It’s because she is a great actress.

She plays a 15 year old from a family lower than white trash. Her mother is a street hooker and her indolent stepfather has molested her. The law raids the house, arrests her ‘parents’ and detains her. She escapes. On the freeway she is picked up by a man who turns out to be a serial killer whose exploits have been all over the news. He is played brilliantly by Kiefer Sutherland. (His wife is played by Brooke Shields in a small role.)

This is a movie without dull spots. It is also a movie without clichés. It is not for the faint of heart, but if you like realistic, gritty movies with great acting, this is the one for you. In my opinion it is one of the best movies ever made.

You can read more about this movie *HERE* and *HERE*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home