Monday, November 20, 2006

SEASONS GREETINGS

Christmas is coming. Big news? I can’t think of Christmas without thinking of Jackie Mason, a great Jewish (his emphasis, not mine) comedian who ended a concert with something like these immortal words (from memory):

Ladies and gentlemen, I sincerely hope you get everything you want for Christmas,

And I hope I get everything you want too,

Because, in case you want something I never heard of, why should I be left out?

Indeed. Words to live by.



In a more serious vein, Kissinger recently said “Military victory is no longer possible in Iraq.”

CNN and other news media, in the interest of saving space, have edited the quote to have him saying “victory is no longer possible in Iraq.”

I’m sure they do not see the difference in meaning. It is just an honest mistake.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home