Saturday, March 25, 2006

THAIS DON’T WANT DEMOCRACY?

Here is the March 26, headline in The Bangkok Post:

RALLY RENEWS CALL FOR KING TO STEP IN
And in The Sunday Nation:

KING THE ONLY HOPE FOR END TO DEADLOCK…

Tell me these newspapers don’t get their marching orders. I guess they can’t help it. If they want to keep their jobs, that’s what they gotta do. Too bad.

They are giving up on a system that democratically elects a Prime Minister. But they are only doing that because they cannot win a fair election and they know it. So their answer is to end democracy.

Would they want the same thing if they could win an election? Not a chance.

As I have written before, I am a foreigner here and I don’t have a dog in this fight. But I hate to see the destabilizing effects of all these protests. PM Thaksin was legally elected in a landslide. They are trying to depose him and perhaps overthrow the government by other than legal means.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home