Tuesday, May 31, 2005

W. MARK FELT WAS DEEP THROAT

That raises more questions that it answers. He was the No. 2 man at the FBI.

Remember the stories of J. Edgar Hoover’s secret files that made him the most feared man in Washington? Presidents couldn’t remove him because of so much he had on everybody.

Felt got passed over to head the FBI. Did Felt dig into his own secret files and get even?

I wonder what Felt’s politics were. Was he a Michael Moore type liberal?

I wonder if the next president who has to name an FBI Director will think twice before he passes over the No. 2 man.

This story will not go gently into that good night.

UPDATE: Doesn’t that open up another serious question? What can the FBI’s role as whistle blower be in matters that don’t directly concern the FBI? Wow! There is a serious problem to be worked out there. I see conflicts all over the place.

UPDATE: I changed Herbert Hoover to J. Edgar Hoover in the original. Dumb me. I'm getting old.

UPDATE: Many in the news business are pointing to this story to confirm the value of anonymous sources conveniently forgetting that Ben Bradlee demanded independent confirmation from two more sources before he would proceed.

Look what has happened to journalistic standards since then.

2 Comments:

Blogger Best Buy said...

Decent page, enjoyed it a lot, I can never get enough of discount equipment golf sport if you can't either check out my site discount equipment golf sport

October 3, 2005 at 5:22 AM  
Blogger All about Golf said...

Hi thanks for your blog, I liked it! I also have a blog/site about mini golf game that covers mini golf game related stuff. Please feel free to visit.

February 10, 2006 at 12:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home